Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Best of Fashion Bloggers- Style and Pepper

In case you missed it last week, all month long I'm getting the nitty gritty on all my favorite fashion bloggers. I'm calling it the Best of Fashion Bloggers Series. Last week's blogger, Just Add Glam talked to us all about her West Coast style "with a twist". This week, were going a little south and featuring a blogger right here from my state, good ol' Arizona. She's the spokesperson of BAZAAR's, BAZAAR on Air and the creative mind behind the blog Style and Pepper

So Jessie, what would you like to tell our readers?

I'm originally from Scottsdale, AZ and went to college in San Diego, CA at Point Loma Nazarene University. I now live/work in the New York City as a wardrobe stylist, fashion blogger & creative consultant.

Where do you find inspiration for your blog? 

My own closet, thrift stores & the insanely creative and stylish people I see on the streets of NYC!

What inspires you in the way you dress? 

I love anything vintage, and this probably acts as the most prominent inspiration for my own personal style.

Do you have any style icons?

My Nana.  She was always effortlessly put together, and even at 95, reminded me that you can have fun with fashion no matter how old you are.

What trend are you looking forward to most this season?

I love the cropped-top trend, bright florals on bottom & the androgynous tom-boy look for this Spring/Summer.

Where are your favorite places to shop?

Thrift stores! Hands down.

Do you shop often to keep up with trends?

I don't shop nearly as often as most people think.  I buy a few inexpensive pieces here and there to try out new trends,and splurge on an investment piece maybe 3-4 times a year.

Do you have any tips on prioritizing purchases or staying stylish on a budget?


I've always been a bargain hunter, and love shopping sales to find current trends. My biggest tip is always to shop out-of-season.  I just snatched up the most gorgeous pair of leather boots for $30, and I probably won't wear them until next fall, but they are a classic style and I know I won't be able to beat the price when the temps start to drop.

Do you have an all-time favorite purchase?  
Not that I can think of!  I try not to get too attached to my clothes/accessories.
 
Do you have any favorite blogs besides yours?

Most of my favorite blogs are also those of my dear friends... I have a whole page of my site that has a list of the ones that I'm currently loving. :)

What is your favorite part about being a fashion blogger?

Sharing inspiration for putting outfits together and connecting with readers.

Do you have any fashion secrets you can share with our readers?

I'm an open book, so no real secrets here... I love sharing advice and style how-tos, though, so if any one ever has any questions - they're welcome to drop me a line!

For beginner bloggers like me, what are some tips for setting yourself apart from other bloggers?

My advice is to pick something you love that you're REALLLLYgood at, and write about that one main thing. This ensures that your content will be original and top-notch and that you'll likely never tire of the subject matter.

What is one interesting, quirky fact about you that readers don’t know? 

I was a competitive athlete all throughout grade school and high school!I may look like a girly-girl, but I'm a total tomboy at heart. :)

Thanks Jessie for joining us!
xoxo-Katie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

  © Modest Wordpress Theme | Lifecycle Stationary Bike by Blogger Templates 2011